The following is an overview of the MOVEit DMZ licensing, maintenance, and purchasing
A MOVEit DMZ Basic license allows the software to be run on one production system
and also one non-production system, and permits all of the following.
- An unlimited number of users
- An unlimited number of transfers
- An unlimited number of items stored
The MOVEit DMZ software can be installed on physical or virtual systems. The number
of CPUs on the systems does not affect MOVEit DMZ license or maintenance pricing.
The MOVEit DMZ Basic license permits the software to host a single organization.
(An option exists for the software to licensed to host two or more organizations).
The Basic license also includes the unlimited right to copy and distribute both
the Java and Windows versions of the MOVEit Wizard Web Browser secure file transfer
plugins and the MOVEit Xfer command-line secure file transfer clients.
Each of the following is a separately licensed and priced option for MOVEit DMZ.
- Ad Hoc Transfer enables authorized users to securely exchange messages, with or
without files attached, with other authorized users of the same MOVEit DMZ server,
using Web browser clients.
API Interface provides third-party programs with programmatic access to MOVEit
DMZ administrative functions and to its file transfer, secure messsaging, encrypted
storage and user database services.
- Additional Organizations: Rollout multi-tenant configurations so multiple organizations, business units, and departments can share the same system, but still use separate branding, folder structure, and authentication.
- Multi-Lingual Interface enables end-users to do Web and secure FTP-based transfers,
exchange secure messages, receive email notifications, and access the MOVEit DMZ
Help files in English, French or Spanish.
& Scalability enables MOVEit DMZ to deliver 24/7 availability in multi-server,
load-balanced environments (implementation requires two or more identical MOVEit
An annual support fee is required to maintain a valid license. The fee provides
all of the following.
- Unlimited technical support via phone, email, secure message or fax during our normal
business hours (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central US time / 0800 to 1800 GMT-6) Monday
through Friday (except US National Holidays). Access to support outside of normal
business hours is available, on a callback basis, for an additional fee.
- 24/7 access to the MOVEit support website, which includes product software, documentation,
knowledgebase and other resources.
- Security bulletins on any MOVEit DMZ security issues that are discovered.
- Right to apply all bug fixes issued for this product, at no extra charge.
- Right to upgrade to all new versions of MOVEit DMZ, at no additional charge.
Payment terms. Except for limited term evaluation purposes, production use of MOVEit
DMZ requires payment for a commercial software license and annual maintenance. Maintenance
pricing is based on a percentage of the license price, and is billed annually in