MOVEit Freely is a free command line FTP/secure FTP SSL (FTPS) client for Windows Vista Business Edition, 2003, XP, 2000, ME and NT 4.0 systems.
MOVEit Freely can safely exchange files with secure FTP servers that support 128-bit key SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted transfers, the highest level of protection currently available for Internet communications.
In fact MOVEit Freely was one of the first clients to support all three FTP over SSL modes (TLS-P, TLS-C, and IMPLICIT).
MOVEit Freely also includes support for firewall-friendly Passive FTP as well as encrypted FTP transfers to and from networks using NAT (networks address translation). MOVEit Freely can also transfer files to non-secure servers.
With MOVEit Freely you can quickly convert each existing batch-driven, non-secure file transfer into a secure file transfer -- with just a few simple changes to your script.
And Freely provides the following capabilities when exchanging files via the secure FTP over SSL interface of a MOVEit DMZ secure data transfer and storage server.
- 50% faster file transfers (on average) resulting from its built-in, automatic GZIP data compression.
- Complete Non-Repudiation via MOVEit's file integrity checking and MOVEit DMZ's authentication capabilities, so you can prove who sent a file, who received it, and that it was not changed or corrupted between when the file was sent and received.
- Client Certificate Support for strong authentication.
Freely installation packages are available in two formats.
- Traditional (*.exe) installs the software on your local hard drive and adds MOVEit Freely to your PATH.
- Portable (*.zip) allows you to install the software on your favorite USB drive or other portable device.
MOVEit Freely is provided without charge in hopes of encouraging interest in our commercial MOVEit products.