WS_FTP Professional Patches
Registered users for the current major version of a product may obtain patches and
minor updates within that version.
Upgrades to the next major version of a product are available only under warranty
or Support Agreement.
Date released: September 16, 2008
Choose one of the links below to download the hotfix.
This hotfix can ONLY be applied to WS_FTP
Professional 2007.1 English.
This update addresses a minor bug relating to the following:
- Fixes a remote format string vulnerability in WS_FTP Professional 2007.1 that can be exploited by malicious people to potentially compromise a user's system.
Date released: January 15, 2008
- Keyboard-Interactive Authentication: Client support for dynamic client-server authentication. Users can authenticate and connect to SSH servers that require connecting clients to respond to server defined prompts for authentication, in addition to username.
- Configure Email Notifications for SMTP Server Authentication: Users can easily set-up email notifications to be automatically sent when a file transfer occurs. Email notifications can now be configured for SMTP server authentication.
- Storage Utilization Displayed when Connecting to WS_FTP Server: Users connecting to WS_FTP Server with the WS_FTP Professional file transfer client get a real-time view of their server disk space utilization.
- Copy Fully-Qualified URL to Clipboard: Right-mouse-click and copy the URL to a remote file and paste into another document or email. The complete URL link includes host, server, folder and filename.
- Enhanced Workspaces: Save and instantly reconnect to frequently used local and server connections. Enhanced capability lets you add descriptive comments for each saved workspace.
- Enhanced Logging: The SSH Authentication method used to connect to an SSH server is now included in the connection log.
You must be running WS_FTP Professional 2007 or later and be under a current Support Agreement to be eligible for this version.
Date released: February 28, 2007
Note: HotFix 1 & 2 were released concurrently as one file
These patches can ONLY be applied to WS_FTP
If you are using the new Backup feature of WS_FTP Professional
2007 you will need to update any saved backup jobs you have created
in order for the hotfix to take effect.
- Uploading and downloading data with a wildcard option now correctly transfers files, with matching criteria, from subdirectories of the specified directory
- SSH/SFTP downloads from servers with a window size < 20,000 bytes now correctly download the complete file.
For complete details, view the following Knowledge Base Article