Delivery services have come a long way over the past decade. Expecting a package? Check the status with the tracking number. Sending a surprise to someone in another state? Just log in to see when you will be getting an excited call. Or, find out before you even send the package when it will get there, and where it will travel on its way.
With so much critical and sensitive data passing through your organization each day, doesn’t it make sense to have a file transfer process that does the same as your top-choice delivery service?
Unfortunately, this is rarely the case. We recently conducted a survey of more than 100 IT professionals and found some sobering statistics:
- 16 percent of respondents liken their file transfer process to an outdated post office: Files are tracked inconsistently.
- 33 percent liken theirs to a library: Files are kept in one place for people to find them.
A superior file transfer process is not just a “nice to have” for your organization; it is actually critical to your business. The survey revealed 18 percent of respondents have lost files containing sensitive information, while 11 percent have spent more than an hour trying to retrieve missing files, and 10 percent have lost files all together.
What these organizations don’t know is that Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions empower IT professionals to automate transfer activities while supporting all the standard, established protocols. MFT functions more like a highly successful delivery service than a disorderly mailroom.
It’s important for every business to consider the benefits of a delivery service-like MFT solution:
- You know the origin of EVERY file
- Every file has a beginning and an end – files do not go “rogue”
- Employees use pre-approved and secure methods for transferring information
- Reduces risk of security breaches from internal and external sources
- You have insight and control over all files; where they start, where they travel, where they end up – and how to find them (and revert to earlier versions) if needed
- Automated processes reduce the need for IT hands-on involvement
- Automate end-user file manipulation and transfer tasks for further resource savings
- Order, predictability and security to file movement is assured
- Improve management of business performance
- SLAs and compliance requirements can be met – with confidence
For more information about the benefits of managed file transfer, check out this infographic.